It is general perception between the software developers that, if someone happens to be in a technical profession, they don’t require marketing & branding but to make the progress. Your ‘excellence’ & ‘expertise’ in software development will surely boost your career, but to keep moving forward you’ll need to understand & establish another path for yourself which will help you acknowledged in the industry or make a name for yourself. “Don’t be a ‘sheep’ and follow the herd, rather than be ‘lion’ carve out your own path.”
Do you recognize the above the guy & logo in the images?
Of course, Everyone knows him, he is ‘Mark Zuckerberg’ & the logo is for ‘Facebook’. This is what brand image is, that at least everyone in your field recognizes you. This isn’t some ordinary recognition everyone wants to reach there, work with you, you’re a celebrity of your field. Our vision of writing this article is to give you tips & suggestions so that you can build & convert yourself into a glorious brand.
You must be wondering, What a personal brand is?
Personal Brand is a simple concept, where the person has a unique Or exclusive character which increases the value of the person in comparison to other people in the same group, industry or fraternity.
Personal Branding is the process of building your personal brand, it is similar to company branding. Personal Branding is the image of you & how you want people in your industry to perceive ‘you’, it makes you stand out from other people in the same industry with a positive effect both offline & online.
How can you build your personal brand?
- Prove yourself: Prove your caliber in a specific region of expertise, enhancing value for your existing proficiency, information or data. So to achieve this you’ll need to apprehend yourself as a product, caution: it doesn’t mean that you’ll depersonalize yourself. So just promote yourself as a product by self-analysis of your core skills. Few questions which you can ask yourself.
- “With my abilities, which job can do best?”
- “What is the connection between this role & company’s current challenges?
- “What can I do that no one else can?”
- Make a Personal Blog or Vlog: If you own a blog or vlog, that will push your career to a more recognizable point, try promoting it on social media so that people can know there is a such an amazing software developer who knows what game he/she into. If your blog or vlog get a decent number of readers or viewers you’ll have an extra source income as well as way more value than other people in the software development industry. But there are some priceless perks which are given below-
- Perks of running a blog or vlog:
- As you can constantly write or upload videos about unique topics related to software development, you’ll be able to make your way to the top, not just in google ranking but also in writing & views.
- As you upload excellent content on social media is related to software development, then people will use your article or video as a reference this will increase your credibility in the market.
- The blog will also serve as a source of income for you.
- Perks of running a blog or vlog:
- Topics which you can cover in your BLOG or VLOG:
- Give out tips on programming
- Latest news related to software development
- Usage of programs like SQL, C#, ASP.net, Visual Studio, etc.
- Attend Seminars & Take Initiatives: You need to go out in this big world, to establish yourself as a personal brand-
- Attend/Take seminars, presentations relevant to your technologies – this is the best way to stand out – an opportunity for you to grow your self as well as gain organization-wide visibility.
- Go local meets ups of your social media groups & connect with people of your fraternity as well as,
- Talk about your experiences, a bit about achievements or challenges, you came across.
- Hear other people out, try an understand their story & filter all the data which you think is useful for you.
- Make Connections Not Competition: If you want to achieve and enjoy the success, then a major thing which will help you get there are ‘connections’. Some people might say ‘competition with others is that thing that will give you success’, but there is a saying “your biggest competition is you yourself”. So no need to compete with others, compete with yourself and become a better software developer.
- Build your Team: ‘Don’t walk a lonely road, craft a team’. If you try to achieve everything by yourself it will be really hard & there will be no satisfaction and fun in it, rather join a team or lead a team to accomplish your goal or set of goals. Build! Learn! Innovate! & Develop!
- Tech StartUps are better than a Tech Giants: Yeah! You read it correctly, if you’re in your, mid-career or starting out try getting in a ‘tech startup’ like SBITS because the challenges & opportunities you get in a startup are more valuable than just working as a robot in a tech giant. In tech giant there won’t be much room for creativity, learning new tactics, team spirit, boosting up of employee’s career; but you’ll get all these perks in a ‘tech startup’. You’ll experience your career growth with the company’s growth & reach out to new heights.
These tips will make you reach the top of software development, just have faith in yourself & in your smart work. If you are able to follow these steps you will achieve the success which no one could.
ALL THE BEST!!